Wednesday, July 25, 2018

USES OF VERB TO BE: FOAMINDL

If the student does not understand the uses of verb to be, it will be hard to understand present simple.

FOAMINDL is a mneumanic technique

Feelings          I am hungry, She is thirsty, He is sad, We are sick, They are angry, etc.
Occupation     She is a doctor, I am a new student, He is an actor, They are engineers, etc.
Age                 I am 13 years old, She is 30 years old, We are 21 years old, etc.
Marital Status   He is married, They are married, She is single, etc.
Introduction    A: Pedro, this is Livio
                        B: Livio, this is Pedro
Nationality      I am from Brazil. I am brazilian. / He is from USA. He is american.
Description     She is tall and slim. He is short and chubby. They are light complexion.
Location         She is in the hospital. We are in the forest. He is under the bed. You are underground.


No comments:

Post a Comment